An ammonia leak at the Tyson Chick N Quick plant this afternoon sent ten to the hospital with inhalation injuries. None are in critical condition, however, one was unconscious.
According to Northwest Arkansas Online, Captain Dennis Thurman, a Rogers Fire Department spokesperson, said that the leak at 400 West Olrich Street in Rogers was contained within 20 minutes and there is no threat to the public.
No nearby residents were evacuated, and emergency crews blocked off roads to prevent additional exposure.
The fire department has published a post on their Facebook page asking people to avoid the area.
The leak occurred shortly before 3:50 p.m, and employees were allowed to return to the plant at approximately 4:25 p.m.
Tyson employees receive annual training on how to respond to hazmat situations. The last training occurred in the previous summer.