The article, “Yes, You Are A Philanthropist — #GivingTuesday Says So” posted on forbes.com (11/29/16), provides some great ways of contributing to #GivingTuesday.
“Team Marie” photo L to R: Michael Coughlin, Sandy Henage, Dusty Henge, Kathleen Coughlin, Ava Manning. Kneeling: Nichole Manning. Annual Alzheimer’s Walk in Northwest Arkansas.
Here are some ways that everyone can dive into the spirit of the day and join this day of global giving:
• Share why you give and support nonprofits by posting your personal giving story on social media, using the hashtag #MyGivingStory is back. Access tools provided by #GivingTuesday to write a winning story or click here to share your story now.
• There are many ways you can donate your time to organizations in your community. Search for non-profits in your neighborhood and email them to see how you can help.
• Be an informed giver on #GivingTuesday and throughout the year. Visit #GivingTuesday’s Great Giving resource page or check out these materials from the Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen Foundation to elevate your giving from having momentary meaning to becoming monumentally meaningful.
• Donate to a charity or organization that has impacted your life. Remember to share that you gave and encourage your family and friends to join you in giving back on #GivingTuesday.
• Use your skills to help nonprofits with their campaigns. You can search for pro bono opportunities on taproot+.org or reach out to your local nonprofits to see how you can use your talents to good.
• Share how you’re giving back on #GivingTuesday by posting your #UNselfie on your social media. You can use our #UNselfie sign and toolkit to get started!
• Payroll giving is becoming more and more popular at both companies and nonprofits. Donate a part of your paycheck to charity or talk to your management how your organization can make giving back part of its official policy.
Everyone has something to give back to their communities. #GivingTuesday has changed our notion of who is a philanthropist. Turns out it’s every single one of us.
Source: forbes.com/11.29.16: “Yes, You Are A Philanthropist — #GivingTuesday Says So” by Ryan Scott; Ryan Scott is the founder and CEO of Causcast, and recently released “The Company You Keep: How Smart Companies Improve Retention”.
Photo: Donating time to The Pack Shack “Feed the Funnel” creating meals for our neighbors in need.