No one likes to think about unfortunate circumstances such as being involved in a car wreck. Planning ahead, however, can save you some major headaches should something unfortunate happen.
The following is a list of some of the most important things you can do after a car wreck:
- Seek aid for any apparent injuries.
- Call the police.
- Notify security if the accident occurs on private property.
- Give the authorities complete and accurate information.
- Ask that a written report be made and get the report’s identifying number.
- Secure the names, addresses and driver’s license numbers of other involved parties.
- Get the other car’s license number and state of issue, as well as insurance information.
- Call your insurance agent and relay the pertinent information.
- Discuss with an experienced attorney whether to file a claim through your own insurance company or pursue a liability claim against the other party.
Also, if you are not injured, get as many pictures as you can of the scene of the accident. Pictures
can be helpful in proving what happened in the accident.
 “How to Take Action After a Car Wreck,” (Accessed April 29, 2010).