Ten Tips for Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
By Frank H. Bailey
- Hire someone with experience. Let other people break in a new attorney fresh out of law school.
- See if you like the attorney. If you like the attorney, chances are other people, including insurance adjustors will like them.
- Check out the rating the attorney has on sites such as Avvo, Martindale Hubbell, and Superlawyers.
- Read comments about the attorney from other clients on Google and Facebook.
- Make sure the attorney’s office is organized and doesn’t have papers stacked up on their desk or floor.
- Stay away from attorneys who charge less than the going rate for handling your case.
- Read the attorney’s bio on their web page. If they don’t have a web page, think twice about hiring that attorney.
- Ask your friends or your doctor what they have heard about the attorney.
- Be leery of attorneys who guarantee a certain result or promise an enormous settlement.
- Bottom line: There is a huge difference in attorneys’ abilities. Choose with care.
In you need an experienced attorney, call us, 479-202-5200 or stop by our office located off Exit 81, just west of I-49 at 3606 W. Southern Hills Blvd., Suite 200, Rogers, AR 72734.